Santa Ana California History
With an area of 27.2 square miles, the city of Santa Ana is one of the largest and most populous cities in Southern California and is located in the San Fernando Valley of Orange County, California. The Church School campus is located on the south side of Interstate 5, at the intersection of I-5 and Santa Monica Boulevard, south of San Bernardino Boulevard. It was completed and is located just a few miles north of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), the first of a suburban rail system established and growing in Southern California. It is located about half a mile north west of downtown and about an hour south east of Anaheim.
In 1810, the same area was begged by Jose Antonio Yorba, who made Santa Ana one of the most populous cities in the state of California. The Spanish governor of Alta California, confirmed on July 1, 1810, that the city was to be refounded as a city in 1811.
The Yorba and Peralta families continued to live there, but the land passed to several outside parties before the title of Rancho Santiago de Santa Ana was conferred. In 1857, the city's status as a city and its annexation to the state of California were confirmed.
Three years later, Orange County was separated from Los Angeles County and Santa Ana was named county seat. In 1858, two years after the separation from LA County and three years before the California Supreme Court's decision to separate Orange County, Orange County became a separate county.
In 1887, the arrival of the Santa Fe Railroad triggered a real estate boom, but two years later Orange County split from L.A. and named Santa Ana as the county town before the boom collapsed.
The large farms of the valley were divided and sold to the towns of Santa Ana, Orange and Tustin, which were later founded. In 1868, a large piece of land on the west side of the valley between the San Gabriel River and the Orange County Line was put on the market and soon after the city of San Juan Capistrano was founded, the first town in Orange County.
Its central location in the valley allowed Santa Ana to produce grain from the surrounding region, now called Orange County, and became a commercial center. After years of working to revitalize downtown, it now has the Grand Central Art Centerbebe, which was founded as Santa Ana Artist's Village and houses a variety of art galleries, restaurants, shops and restaurants, as well as an art museum.
If you're interested in the history of Santa Ana, you can find it at the Santa Barbara County Museum of Artbebe, listed below, along with a list of events you can attend to see what the city has to offer.
The photographs from this collection are on display at the Santa Barbara County Museum of Artbebe in Santa Ana, California. These photos are rare and rarely seen in public and belong to a collection of selected objects from the museum's collection. This includes photos of the city's history as well as photos of local landmarks such as the town hall.
The staff in the History Room also took photos of the area known as "Little Saigon," seen from 4th Street, as well as other parts of Santa Ana.
The first Presidio, Fort and Mission Complex was founded in San Diego in 1769, and the explorers crossed this beautiful valley, which they named Santa Ana in honor of Saint Anne. The city was called Santa ana because it was also located along the Santa-Ana River and because the land was close to the San Joaquin River, an important water source for the city of San Francisco. Together, the properties were called Rancho SanJoaquin and accounted for about 1,000 acres of land in what is now the city. In "Santa Ana," William H. Spurgeon bought the property at the intersection of 4th Street and El Camino Real, planned the property and shortened the name to San Ana after his wife's name.
The S.A.V.I. Co. oversaw the construction of the canal, now called the Santa Ana Valley Irrigation Trench, which runs beneath Santa Ana Canyon Road. When the Riverside Freeway was built, part of that freeway was built on the San Joaquin River. The Santa Ana River was limited to several miles of concrete canals, and the "Santa Ana winds" howling through the canyon kept the soldiers away from the city and its water supply.
In the years after Yorba's death in 1825, the Santa Ana River burst its banks and flooded the area where the family lived. Mrs. Woodbury said that a friend of hers, Verdugo Sanchez Figueroa, whose family had a close relationship with her family, referred to the "Santa Anas," whose name is derived from the gorge where they were strong. Angeles attributed the origin of the name "Santa Ana Winds" to Santa Ana Canyon in Orange County, arguing against the term Santa Anaas. The idea that the early Californian settlers gave this name to the warm winds at the supposed place of origin appears in the facts quoted, although space does not allow this.